Sandbanks Community Group is holding an informal “Drop-in” event at the North Haven Yacht Club on Friday, 29th September between 5pm and 8pm.
Members of your Committee and our Architect for the Haven Marconi Project will be in attendance.
We will give updates on the various projects that we are progressing at present.
Representatives of various local Restaurants and Hotels will be present to outline their events for the Winter.
We look forward to the opportunity to update you on our activities and receive input on how we are approaching the challenges and opportunities of the Peninsula.
Please come along and take part.
Complimentary drinks (Prosecco, Tea or Coffee) will be offered on arrival.
You may not be aware but the Council have launched the statutory consultation on our Neighbourhood Plan.
We are encouraging the community to respond to this.
The link to the consultation and documents is
The council are asking for us to have our say!
There is a word document on the page above, that needs to be filled in individually and sent to Neighbourhoodplanning@bcpcouncil.gov.uk
The form and its questions are not obvious so a help sheet is available for those that may find it helpful.
These forms need to be sent to the council at the above email address before the 1st September 2024.
If you are having difficulty filling in the form we will be hosting a drop in coffee morning on Wednesday 23rd August from 10am till 12.30pm (venue to be decided) where there will be a number of us on hand to help!
In the mean if you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany and the Neighbourhood Forum Committee
As previously announced, our AGM will be held at RMYC on Friday 30th June 2023 at 4:00-6:00 pm,followed by a drinks reception for SCG members on the Gun Deck.
A reminder that seats are limited to 120 maximum available on a first-come,first-served basis. Arrive early to be sure of a place.
You are welcome to attend both the AGM (subject to places) and the reception. Even if you can't make the AGM, you are welcome to attend the reception starting at 6 pm. The formal Notice of the AGM 2023 and the Agenda are displayed below.
Sandbanks Community Group
Notice of Annual General Meeting 2023
This is to notify members of the Annual General Meeting for 2023 of Sandbanks Community Group (SCG) under Paragraph 8 (b) of the SCG Constitution adopted 28 June 2019.
The meeting will be held at 4pm-6pm Friday 30th June 2023 at the RMYC.
Attendance & quorum
The meeting is open to all paid-up members of SCG and all members have the right (subject to control of the chair) to speak at the meeting. There is a quorum requirement of 10% of individual members i.e. 53 individual members.
All household members (but not visitor, business or associate members) have the right to vote at the meeting on a one person, one vote basis provided their subscription fees have been paid up to date at the time of the meeting.
1. Chair’s report describing the work of SCG since the previous AGM
2. Resolution to elect those wishing to standfor election (or re-election) including existing committee members:
Kate Allen, Lucie Allen, Norman Allenby Smith, Tiffany Chawner, Alison Sepping, Anthony Vickery and, Laurence Tucker.
3. Treasurer’s report for the year 2022-2923
4. Vote of thanks to: Councillors May Haines & Mohan Iyenghar. In the recent Council Elections, Mohan stood for election in another ward and John Challinor and May Haines were voted in to represent the Canford Cliffs Ward which includes Sandbanks.
5. Presentation by Philip Gumuchdjian of Gumuchdjian Architects (http://www.gumuchdjian.com/) who have been commissioned to draw up plans for the Haven site. These plans are intended to represent the wishes of the Community and the Pre-Application will be funded by the Community.
6. Presentation by Charlie Kearns of Rockwater Management - with CEO Luke Davies in attendance – on their plans fortheir Sandbanks Rockwater Village.
7. The challenges of Anti-Social driving and Anti-social behaviour. Progress report by Lucie Allen.
8. Design of Sandbanks Village. Progress report by Lucie Allen
8. Presentation by David Sidwick,Dorset Police and Crime Commissioner.
In addition to a strong new committee, SCG's finances are healthy, its membership is at levels of 550+ paid-up members, and we have a robust infrastructure (e.g. website, WhatsApp groups, membership automation) in place.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at both the AGM and Reception.
Norman Allenby Smith
Chairman Sandbanks Community Group